PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Graduates shall have strong foundation in Mathematics, Applied Sciences and Basic Engineering principles which enables them to identify and solve real time problems in the field of Civil Engineering
- Graduates shall inculcate employability skills, competitiveness, professional creativity to excel in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Graduates shall inculcate lifelong learning, team work, research orientation, beyond curriculum to formulate sustainable solutions with core technical competence in the emerging trends of Civil Engineering.
- Graduates shall have proficiency in communication skills, ethical approach, leadership qualities having sense of responsibility to serve the society and to protect the environment.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs):
- PSO1. To build the students to utilize civil construction techniques and applications for solving real time problems
- PSO2. To develop the confidence and ability among the students to synthesize data and concepts