Name of the Faculty Incharge : Dr. G. Sridhar Reddy
Post Doc (2012), Curtin University, Australia.
Ph. D. (2009) & M. Tech. (Control-Instrumentation) (2003) from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (M. N. N. I. T.), Allahabad, India.
A. M. I. E. (2000), in Electrical Engineering, from Institution of Engineers (India).
In this research center department carried out research activates in the domain of
- Power system deregulation.
- Distributed Generation.
- Power system transient stability.
- Power system reliability.
- Design of Linear and Non liner controllers for load frequency control of Multi-area power systems.
- Design of intelligent controllers (Fuzzy, ANN, Neuro Fuzzy controllers for HVDC Systems to solve Transient Stability problems.
- Analysis and control of power system data using distributed and parallel computing using Cloud and Big data.
- Enhancement of power quality using FACTS and D-FACT devices.
Participation of the faculty
Dr. G. Sridhar Reddy working on Distributed Generation to improve voltage profile and also working on MPPT Tracking of solar systems using intelligent controllers. He also working Distribution system loss minimization and power factor improvement using GA Algorithm, Honey Bee, Honey Bee Matting and Evolutionary theory Algorithems.He Published 10 papers in national and international journals and conference.
1. G. Sridhar Reddy and K. Srinivas Rao “Photovoltaic based Power Electronic Converter Systems-Part II”, National Conference on Power Distribution, INDICON 2014, Pune, December, 2014.
2. G. Sridhar Reddy and K. Srinivas Rao “Photovoltaic based Power Electronic Converter Systems-Part I”, National Conference on Power Distribution, CPRI, Hyderabad, February, 2014.
3. G. Sridhar Reddy, “Modeling and Control of Distributed Generator Based DSTATCOM and DVR”, International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, January, 2014.
4. S. Nagalatha, and G. Sridhar Reddy, “Power Electronic Based Interface System for Distributed Generation Applications”, 1st National Conference on Power Electronics Systems and Applications, NIT Rourkela, March, 2013.
5. G. Sridhar Reddy, “Modeling and Control of DG based AC-DC-DC Converter” IEEE Power India Conference, Sonepat, December, 2012.
6. P. Wolfs, and G. Sridhar Reddy, “A Receding Predictive Horizon Approach to the Periodic Optimization of Community Battery Energy Storage Systems”, 22nd Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC), Bali, Indonesia, September, 2012.
7. G. Sridhar Reddy, “Feasibility Analysis of DGSC-UPQC”, International Journal of Research and Review in Applied Sciences, Volume 4, Issue 1, July, 2010.
8. G. Sridhar Reddy, “An On-line Neural Controller for Distributed Generator based Static Compensator”, Symposium on Renewable Energy Technologies, Fiji Islands, Oct. 2010.
9. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “Restoration of Load Voltage by Distributed Generation”, International Conference on Power Systems 2009, IIT Kharagpur, 27-29 Dec. 2009.
10. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “Steady State Impacts of Static Compensators in a Micro grid with Distributed Generation”, International Conference on Power Systems (organized by IEEE and CPRI), Bangalore, Dec. 2007.
11. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “Modeling and Control of Distributed Generation System”, IET-UK International Conference on Information and Communication Technology in Electrical Sciences, Chennai, Dec. 2007.
12. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “Distributed Generation based Dynamic Voltage Restorer”, IET-UK International Conference on Information and Communication Technology in Electrical Sciences, Chennai, Dec. 2007.
13. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “An Improved On-line Neural Network Controller for Multi-variable Control of UPFC”, IEEE Power India Conference, New Delhi, April, 2006.
14. G. Sridhar Reddy and R. K. Singh, “A Neural Network Controller for ASVC”, Energy and Environmental Systems”, WSEAS٭ Conference, Greece, May 2006.
15. G. Sridhar Reddy and Rajesh Gupta, “Neural Network based Unified Power Flow Controller”, 13th National Power Systems Conference, IIT-Madras, Chennai, Dec. 2004.
Mr. T. Anil Kumar working on design of robust load frequency controllers such as sliding mode controller and sliding mode observer to tackle load frequency problem of multi area deregulated power system with different ancillaries. He published nearly 13 papers in reputed national and international journals and conferences. He also carried out research activity in the area of design of intelligent controllers for transient stability analysis of HVDC Systems. He also working on analysis and control of power systems using cloud computing and Big data analysis.
Papers Published in International/National Journals and Conferences
1. A paper entitled ‘Nine level diode clamped multi level inverter’ published in international journal of computational intelligence and information security (ISSN:1837-7823)-March 2011Vol.2No.4. .(page:70-79).
2. A paper entitled ‘Seven level diode clamped multi level inverter’ published in international journal of computational intelligence and information security(ISSN:1837-7823)-April 2011Vol.2No.4.(page:35-42).
3. A paper entitled ‘Modelling and simulation of discontinuous current mode inveter fed permanent magnet synchronous motor drive’ published in international journal-Journal of theoretical and applied information technology-march-April-2011.
4. T. Anil Kumar and Dr. N. V. Ramana, “Improvement of Dynamic Performance of Three-area Thermal system Under Deregulated Environment Using HVDC Link”, International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology (IJAET), ISSN Code:2231-1963, Volume-1,Issue-4 PDF, Page No: 405-412.Published in the Month of Sep-2011 issue.
5. T. Anil Kumar and Dr. N. V. Ramana, ” Design of Optimal Reduced Order Observer for Three Area Load Frequency Control in a Deregulate environment interconnected with HVDC Line”, i-manager’s Journal on Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5 l No. 4 l April – June 2012.
6. T. Anil Kumar and Dr. N. V. Ramana, “Design of Optimal Sliding Mode Functional Observer for Load Frequency Control in Multi-area Deregulated Thermal System”, International journal on modelling and simulation (IREMOS), Vol .5.N.6, December 2012.
7. T. Anil Kumar and Dr. N. V. R amana, “Design of Sliding Mode Observer based optimal controller for Load Frequency Control in Multi-area Deregulated Thermal System connected with HVDC link”, International journal on modeling and simulation (IREMOS), Vol.6.N.2, April 2013.
8. T. Anil Kumar and Dr. N. V. Ramana, “A Review on Control Strategies for LFC in Deregulated Senario”, i-manager’s Journal on Circuits and Systems, vol.no-1, December2012-February 2013.
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
1. T. Anil Kumar, V. Sai Krishna, Dr. N. V. Ramana “Improvement of dynamic performance of three area thermal system under deregulated environment using AC tie line parallel with HVDC link”, Power and Energy systems (ICPS), 2011 International Conference, pp 1-6.
2. T. Anil Kumar, Dr. N. V. Ramana, ” Load Frequency control in a Multi area Power System Interconnected with HVDC Link in a Deregulated Environment Using Optimal Full order Observer” 8th International Conference on Control and Instrumentation Organised by Manipal University(CISCON-2011), Paper No: CIS-153, Page No: 138-143.Published in the Month of Nov-2011 CISCON Proceedings.
3. A paper entitled ‘Configuration of 48 pulse 9 level inverter based Static Synchronous Series Compensator’ published in international conference of IX Control Instrumentation System Conference(CISCON-2012),16-17 November 2012.
4. T. Anil Kumar, Dr. N. V. Ramana, “Design of Optimal Sliding mode Controller for Load Frequency Control in Multi-area Deregulated Thermal System”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Engineering and Energy Management (ICETEEEM–2012), ICETEEEM-2012 Proceedings, PS-13, Page No: 64-71, published in the Month of DEC-2012.
5. T. Anil Kumar, Dr. N. V. Ramana, “A Review On Control Strategies For LFC In Deregulated Scenario” IEEE International Conference (ICCCCM-2013)
6.Mr.B.Madhu working on Power systems reliability for optimal location of DG. He has published one paper in national journal.