Civil Engineering is the backbone of any nation and directly measures the quality, standard of living, and prosperity of the nation. Traditionally, Civil Engineering, the oldest engineering profession, was concerned with design and construction of new facilities, such as housing, bridges, and highways, water treatment, foundations, and tunnels. Technological innovations and advancements strongly influenced by the aspirations of modern society demand that today’s civil engineer, in addition to focusing on preliminary needs of design and construction, must also analyze the effects of deterioration on infrastructure elements, consider system interdependencies and evaluate life-cycle impacts while also considering environmental and economic sustainability. Therefore it is imperative that civil engineers must equip themselves with in-depth knowledge of traditional, fundamental principles and new technologies in order to address the complex, interdisciplinary problems faced within society. To meet the expectations and fulfill the aspirations of the society and complete several infrastructural projects, a large number of competent civil engineers who are employable and productive from the beginning are required. Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009 to offer Bachelor of Technology course with the primary objective of filling the gap of demand versus supply of trained and talented civil engineers who are readily employable. The present sanctioned intake is 120.
- Invest efforts to make the students capable of identifying, formulating and solving civil engineering problems that meet specified performance, cost, time, safety and other quality needs
- Inculcate professional and ethical responsibility as a culture
- Proper nurturing of students with primary focus on overall development
- Organize technical seminars, workshops, and training from time-to- time to keep the students aware of new developments.
- Visits to ongoing construction sites thus giving them a chance to interact with ground personnel and acquaint with the compelling real time constraints that affect the theoretical decisions.
- Annual festival to provide a platform to budding civil engineers across the country to create, innovate and learn various aspects of civil engineering through competitions, events, and Symposium
- Fully equipped and modern laboratories for Strength of Materials, Surveying, Auto CAD, Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Concrete and Highway Engineering.
- Laboratory infrastructure that can be used for conducting advanced research activities
- A team of dedicated faculty and staff members. The department attracts best talent as
- Self motivated faculty with experience, ably guided and mentored by Dr. P. Jagannadha Rao, a retired professor and Head – Civil Engineering in JNTU, Kakinada whose combined experience in teaching and research span of half century.
- Provide testing and consultancy services in the fields of Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental and Waste water Engineering, Concrete Technology, and Transportation Engineering, Strength of materials and Estimation and Surveying work.
- The department is proud of its alumni who are working in prestigious organizations such as PWD (Irrigation, Roads and Buildings etc.), CPWD, L&T, RV Associates, Software Industries etc. Some of the alumni are successful entrepreneurs in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Our students have brought laurels to both the department and college by winning prizes at
national level contests.