Established in the year 2007, the Department offers B.tech. Program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60 increased to 120 from 2013. The Department has state of the art class rooms fitted with audio visual facilities. It has also laboratory facilities along with modern equipments. The department is well equipped with modern Laboratories like Electrical Machine Lab, Electrical circuits lab, Control Systems Lab, Power electronics Lab, Electrical measurements lab, and Advanced Electrical simulation Lab. From academic year 2015-16 intake is 60.
Advanced Electrical Simulation lab is well equipped with Lab View (Original full Version) Software and with MATLAB (Original Full Version) software.
- The Department has rich experienced and dedicated faculty with back ground of industry and teaching.
- The Department organizes regular seminars expert’s lectures from industry and institutions to mould enthusiastic students in to excellent Engineers, while exposure to the latest technologies fosters the creativity and independent thinking of students.
- The department has excellent infrastructure and well equipped Laboratories.
- Lab view Software is installed for R & D work in the EEE department.
- Department has excellent seminar room with audio and video for conducting project seminars and workshops.
- There is a departmental Library in EEE department having 500 books.
- The department have industry experienced faculty so students are more exposed to industrial activities.
- Students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have gone for Industrial Visits at Various Organizations, such as Vijayawada thermal power station (NTPS), kothegudem thermal power station (NTPC), Srisailam left bank hydel power station, Electric loco shed, Solar semiconductors, 400KV malkaram automated substation, Central power research institute HYD etc..
- Department Organizes National level workshops / Expert Lectures at regular intervals on various Technical Events.
- 125KVA alternator, 250KVA transformer and 10KW solar power plant with central inverter and battery backup is maintained by the EEE department.
- Students have done industry oriented mini projects from reputed PSUs BHEL,ECIL,NSIC,BEL,CPRI,NTPC,APgenco,APtranco,APCPDCL,PGCIL,400KVsubstation etc.