ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering started right from the inception of the college in the year 2007. The primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate with a broad emphasis on design aspects of electronic systems. The Department offers UG Programme B.Tech with an intake of 180 students. Over the span of 10 years since inception, the department has been successful in attracting some of the best minds both in the student and teaching community.
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation in 2015
- Prepare students as professional engineers through an education in fundamental principles presented in the context of real application and design
- Modern infrastructure with latest equipment and software that caters to the needs of the research works by the faculty, not merely meet the requirements of laboratory facilities for undergraduate students
- Well-equipped state-of- the-art laboratories.
- High end licensed software’s like MATLAB, Matlab Tool Box, Cadence Tools, Xilinx, Keil, MASM
- Motivate students for ideations through active participation in the in-house incubation and product development Lab.
- Promotion of Industry interaction through several innovative projects.
- Proactive faculty in identifying up and coming thrust areas in their domains. Plan, schedule and Conduct add-on courses and programs that are helpful for the student to be up-to- date, prepare them to be employable and empower to pursue their career more confidently
- Highly proactive department in its responsibility for the Industry-Institution- Interaction by organizing expert lectures at regular intervals with the experienced and expert practitioners from the industry.
- Established innovation and research centers
- Department club –“Tecktronics” is Learner friendly environment where the students are encouraged to participate in technical seminars, annual events organized both in the college as well as outside.
- Annual Students Technical Conference to enrich the technical skills and presentation skills of the students.
- Excellent placement record with all the eligible students being placed
- Our students have brought laurels to both the department and college by winning prizes at national level contests.
- Regular academics of basic technical and technological skills blended with the judicious combinations of additional and value added multi dimensional skills programs that mold the students to be
- Self-confident and independent, an essential attribute for successful pursuit of profession and career
- Self-driven team players with remarkable coordination and cooperation abilities
- Ethically responsible in combination with discretion and tendency to adhere to well mannered conduct in a group
- These additional but necessary skills are expected to help students evolve into engineers who are highly motivated with practical, creative, and management skills that would go a long way in scripting their careers as both employees as well as employers.
- Alumni occupy key positions in industry/Academic Institutions and are successful as entrepreneurs.
- Rich human resources of that comprises of doctorates and post graduates in technology with an average faculty experience of 11 years.
- Faculty team with proven track record in their own domains of engineering education covering such diverse areas as Advanced communications, Digital Signal Processing, Image Signal Processing, Mobile Communications, Wireless Communications, VLSI, Embedded Systems, Microwave Engineering, Array Antennas, Electromagnetic Compatibility and Data Communications etc.
- Proactive, self-reliant faculty involved in research and publishing in National and International Conference proceedings as well as Journals.
Some innovative initiatives by the department in teaching-learning process
- One-to- One interaction with the faculty in the laboratory sessions
- Peer level influences channelization by dividing the students into small groups of three members and member complementing the other in collaborative learning activities through promotion of group activities including submission of assignments
- Group ensured to be heterogeneous with each member belonging to different group in the class-room
- Promotion of self learning abilities
- Inclusive student monitoring system by actively involving parents on a regular basis