Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad has launched a University wide Innovation and R&D initiative J-Hub- JNTUH Innovation Hub, from the academic year 2017-18. J-Hub is envisioned to provide a platform for the graduating engineers, faculty, research scholars and alumni to pursue innovation, Applied Research and tech-entrepreneurship. The initiative will impact the quality, confidence and competitiveness of the students and prepare them for 21 st century KnowledgeEconomy.
ACE Engineering College is associated to J-Hub from the beginning. To improve teaching, research, skill development and entrepreneurship the college has planned to create a unique space in the form of J-Hub for its stakeholders. This Innovation Hub provides access to a spectrum of programs, experts, labs, infrastructure, collaborators, and networks to catalyze innovation, knowledge intensive businesses and tech-enterprises. This Innovation Hub would become the focal point for creating technology startup companies and technology solutions critically relevant to the social and economic challenges of the state. ACE aims at contributing employment providers rather than job seekers through J-Hub.
J-Hub is envisioned to be recognized as a leading hub of innovation, research translation, tech-product development and knowledge intensive tech-startup incubation.
J-Hub assists in the formation of tech-startups critically complementing the efforts of the local industry and startups in generating new solutions, new jobs and retaining the talent.
The mission of J-Hub is to nurture and catalyse ideas, match the strength of student talent and R&D with the entrepreneurship and networking opportunities in the region and globally to incubate tech-enterprises and solutions.
- To seed innovation and entrepreneurial spirit in the engineering graduates.
- Develop in graduates knowledge, understanding and skills from different disciplines to design and create products impacting the quality of the graduates coming out of the college.
- Identify brilliant ideas and support translation of such ideas to successful products.
Long Term Goals:
- To incubate tech-enterprises out of research findings that will promote technological innovation.
- Collaborate and co-work with relevant stakeholders on innovation and entrepreneurship development for tech-enterprises.
- Develop a complete innovation eco-system to build in student’s entrepreneurial confidence and incubate tech-startups.
- To become the focal point for tech-solutions and tech enterprises.
- To attain Self-Sufficiency in conducting all activities planned in J-Hub
- Partial funding of innovations that have potential for conversion to products.
Congratulations to III Year CSE & ECE Students, who got Second Prize and Best Idea Award at J-HUB, Boot Camp (ENLITE-2018) Innovation & Entrepreneurship Venture Voyage Programme held at JNTUH Campus from 28th May to 8 th June ,2018.
Three-Day IGNITE Program on Innovation by J-HUB CELL 21 – 23,Jun 2018