Mechanical Engineering About Department
Conventional industries are going through a revolutionary phase of technological up-gradation by getting retrofitted into automation of processes to take advantage of higher production capacity and stay ahead in the competition. The manufacturing and maintenance of these new generations of intelligent and thinking machinery demand mechanical engineers trained in traditional ways but with skills required to design, develop, maintain and service these machines with knowledge in the area of computer-integrated manufacturing. In tune with the vision of the ACE Management to manufacture and provide engineered manpower who are ready for employment and capable of standing up to challenges at the cusp of technological revolutions, the Department of Mechanical engineering was established in the year 2009. The intake of students is 120.
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Constantly strive for improving pedagogical methods employed in delivering the academic programs
- Emphasis on practice oriented learning
- Exposing the student to acquire capabilities and competence to quickly assess and respond effectively to the needs of the industry and changing world.
- Train the students to prepare themselves to work in the field of computer integrated manufacturing wherein these students will get a fair level of exposure to manufacturing automation and make them willfully take up challenging career options in the disciplines of Aerospace, Agriculture, Automobile, Biomedical, Defence, Soft Computing, Materials Management and Supply Chains etc.
- Well established laboratories with modern software like CAD, ProE(Inv.No:60022016), ANSYS(Inv.No: 44022016), MTAB (Inv.No:PER/MTOOL/057) , Image Analyser etc.
- Faculty with high levels of dedication and commitment to mold the students into energized work force to reckon
- In-house manufacturing of basic infrastructure needs of the college
Innovative works taken-up by the department:
- Successfully guided teams of students to design and manufacture eco-friendly, noise free and pollution free battery operated three wheelers
- Successfully guided teams of students to design and manufacture eco-friendly, noise free and pollution free and cost effective solar energy operated three wheelers, an initiative towards clean and sustainable methods to develop machines.