DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES & BASIC SCIENCES
- The Department of Humanities and Basic Science is the foundation of all engineering streams. It is a bridge that connects Pure Sciences with Engineering world. The department is involved in teaching subjects of Applied Sciences and Humanities at undergraduate level.
- The Department is involved in teaching the following subjects:
FIRST YEAR SUBJECTS
- Engineering Mathematics-1
- Mathematical Methods
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry (Introduced in 2009)
- English Language and Communication Skills
SECOND YEAR SUBJECTS
- Environmental Science
- Engineering Maths-3
- Probability & Statistics
THIRD YEAR & FOURTH YEAR SUBJECTS
- Operation Research
- Managerial Economics & Financial Analysis
- Management Sciences
- Disaster Management(Elective)
- The Department has 3 well equipped laboratories namely Physics, Chemistry and ELCS labs.
- The Physics and Chemistry labs provide scientific practical knowledge about the related subjects and ELCS lab contributes towards the enhancement of Communication and Soft skills.
- The Department has dedicated and experienced faculty which consists of about 4-Professors, 11-Associate Professors and 22-Assistant Professors who posses Ph.D. M.Phil, and Masters Degrees.
- The Contribution of this Department is enormous for the budding engineers.